Chaos Untold


This image was an experimental work created through Photoshop, focusing specifically on the masking tool.  I took inspiration from the picture I chose from myself in the center of the frame, noticing that the angel wings could be an interesting feature. Then, upon noticing the effect that the fiery sunset image I chose for the background had, I decided to have the image go for a slightly more chaotic and sinister tone. This gave me the idea to insert images of the moon and sun on the upper corners of the image, and then use the masking tool to overlay two other pictures of  my face onto them. In an effort to maintain the dark color scheme, I adjusted the coloring of my central picture to be black and white, also allowing me to blend in my legs with the ground underneath. I adjusted the opacity of the image and feathered the edges to create a cohesive blend that, while still looking unnerving, appeared to naturally occur. Realizing that this was clearly already a cursed image, I "deep fried" it, using the posturize tool. This gives the image a disconcerting feel and perpetuates a tone of dark fantasy. I increased saturation slightly to make the image even more fiery and unnatural as well.  Finally, I stamped the image with my logo in the bottom right color with a bright red to contrast with the dark background. 


 

Comments

  1. I think this looks super cool and mystical. I think you did a really good job with masking yourself into the image and the red/orange sky background makes the whole image pop out really well. My only suggestion would maybe be to get rid of the moon and the sun because I don't really think they fit the scene. Overall, I really like this image and think it is super creative-good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, I really like what you did in your autoscopy and the image that you made yourself into. I think that the faces in the moon and sun are super abstract and quite comical. I like the distorted background that you made and I think it fits in with the horns and wings that you gave yourself. The pattern in the wings looks super good as well and I think it was a good decision to turn the picture of yourself into black and white in order to match them. Really cool and interesting project overall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A pop of color

Ain't it a Fine Life, Carrying the Banner Through it All?

Finding Inspiration Somewhere