A pop of color




For this project, I took an image that had a view core colors that I knew would showcase the manipulated colors well. I created this project using a combination of the magnetic select tool, the adjustment layer tool, and the gradient tool. The black and white image was the easiest to complete, and the contrast between the values gave me inspiration on where to place the altered colors to make them best stand out. Instead of just choosing random color schemes, I decided to extract color themes from images that held personal meaning.
 The top image (reds, blues, and oranges) was taken from a sunset image of sunflowers that I took back  in Hawaii. Sunflowers are my favorite plant, and I enjoy embedding ties to my home in my artwork as I feel it adds a personal touch and makes it more meaningful. I enjoy the way that the warm and cool colors starkly contrast in this image to create a bold effect. 
The second image (greens and oranges) are a compilation of my favorite colors, and I really enjoyed creating with these hues. The resulting image is more subtle than the first one, but still pops with the color masks. 
In the third image, I extracted colors from the bisexual pride flag as it carries a lot of meaning for me. The gradient in the hair is the most noticeable in this photo, creating with the gradient and adjustment layer tool. 
Overall, this was a fun short project to complete and was exceedingly helpful to learning how to use the adjustment and fill layer tool.

 

Comments

  1. I really like the approach you took for this project. All of your color palettes are unique but they look put together because you used the same technique in each of them. The gradient on your hair is really cool and not like the rest of the class projects. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you changed your hair to the different colors in your palette. I like how your logo blends in to the photo. It turned out amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ain't it a Fine Life, Carrying the Banner Through it All?

Finding Inspiration Somewhere