Ain't it a Fine Life, Carrying the Banner Through it All?

 


Newsies, the Broadway musical about the historic newsboy strike of 1899, is above and beyond my favorite movie- so much so that I dressed as a member of the cast for Halloween my senior year of high school. Because of how much I loved the film, I saw this as a perfect opportunity to make my dreams come true and truly make myself one of the newsies. 
Using the aforementioned picture, I selected myself using the magnetic lasso tool and created a mask. After fine-tuning the mask layer, I adjusted brightness and saturation levels on my figure to match in with the rest of the characters, adding the slightest bit of blue hue to reflect the lighting coming from the stage. Then, I placed a warming filter to further blend in with the rest of the boys, and shrunk my image to fit in with their size. I placed myself next to the characters on the bottom left-hand side as I felt it would be the least conspicuous. 
After placing myself in the image, I created another layer to add my logo. I ended up placing it twice on the right-hand banner, matching the color of the brush to the color of the letters above it. I actually really enjoyed the way this turned out, as I feel that it fit in nicely with the newsprint. 
Overall this was a fun project that allowed me to practice my image adjustment and masking skills, something that will prove wildly beneficial in future projects.

Comments

  1. I think this was very successful and realistic! I had a hard time realizing which person you were at first, a great scene to put yourself into. I like that you matched the outfits of the actor and adjusted the lighting to make it more natural. My only suggestion would be to use the perception tool to make it look even more realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A pop of color

Finding Inspiration Somewhere